Your American Dream can become a reality, no matter where in Minnesota you live. ADC is your guide to financial success: offering training that helps you understand how to establish a strong financial base; counseling that enables you to prepare for home ownership and to start or expand a business; and financing that suits your cultural needs.
Buying a home may be the greatest investment you will ever make. As a nonprofit community advocate, ADC is here to enable you to make educated, confident financial choices. ADC offers services focused on the African immigrant and refugee community in Minnesota. But our very successful first-time homebuyer workshops are open to everyone!
First-time home buyer workshop
- Learn the process
- Overcome common barriers to home ownership
- Understand how to find financing
- Shop for a home that is right for your family and appropriate to your income
- Close on your purchase
- Live the life of a successful homeowner
- Upon completing the workshop, you receive a first-time homebuyer certification to qualify you for downpayment assistance.
- Pre-purchase: Budgeting and saving, credit management, finding the right home for your family
- Post-purchase: Budgeting, foreclosure prevention
ADC has adapted leading first-time homebuyer education programs to suit the cultural needs of our clients. ADC workshops are certified through the Home Stretch program of the Minnesota Home Ownership Center and provided statewide in partnership with local government agencies and nonprofit community developers.
Statewide services offered in the following communities: Twin Cities metro, St. Cloud, Rochester, Owatonna, Mankato, Willmar
1931 S 5th St
Minneapolis, MN 55454
Google map and directions