We're excited to announce a new opportunity available with our organization. Our current ED, Mohamed, is transitioning and we're looking for someone to step in and continue the great work in our neighborhood. Please take a look at the job description below and email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please share with all your networks!
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Location: Cedar Riverside Neighborhood, Twin Cities Metro
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Activity Area: Community Building, Philanthropy, Volunteerism
Hours: Weekdays & Evenings, occasional weekends
Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 10, 2016
Contact Name: Mohamed Jama, Board Chair
Contact Email: email@example.com
The Mission of the West Bank Community Coalition (WBCC) is to strengthen and celebrate the neighborhood by promoting connections between its residents, businesses, institutions, and organizations. The WBCC is dedicated to preserving its neighborhood strengths, identifying and helping to address the neighborhood's changing needs and bringing positive improvements to all. The WBCC is the City of Minneapolis recognized citizen participation organization for the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the organization, including Board relations and development, fundraising and financial management, program development and implementation, organizational management and supervision, and community and professional leadership development.
Overall objectives of the organization include building neighborhood leadership capacity, increasing community involvement, and creating effective partnerships for neighborhood planning and community development initiatives. Areas of focus in the neighborhood include;
- neighborhood engagement,
- economic development and infrastructure,
- neighborhood safety,
- human opportunities, and
- neighborhood relations.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Associated Degree; Three years of related work experience with progressive leadership in a community organization; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience with neighborhood engagement, economic, or human development programming.
- Understanding of navigating government processes and deliberations with public officials.
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary, and reporting procedures for non-profits.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Exposure to local (Cedar Riverside) residents, businesses, institutions, and organizations is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders of diverse ethnic, social, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to supervise skilled and motivated staff in a collaborative setting.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish working relationships with other organizations, government agencies, community leaders, and the general public.
- Skilled in program implementation utilizing a model of community organizing, consensus building, and problem solving.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Maintain a high level of personal initiative, be self-driven, results-oriented, and have a positive attitude.
- Must be diplomatic and professional in all situations and have excellent communication skills.
- Preferred multilingual speaker.
How To Apply:
Email resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org